• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

ICD what books to order for next year?

susan sayers

trying to bloom in life 2.0
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Newbie here. AAPC is having a great sale on 2015 books but I,m not sure which one to order ICD-9 or ICD -10.? assuming I will pass test this time(sept) which book will i need next year.I know the start date has been pushed back for ICD -10 but when is new date? Any help greatly appreciated
thanks
sue

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You'll need ICD-9 for most of the year. If you have a 2013 or 2014 version tho you dont need to get 2015 as there have been no changes. Get ICD-10 if you're going to be doing class work or preparing for proficiency assessment in 2015.

susan sayers

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Thanks Laureen..another question please. On the page about the physician course it states that a year of practice code included but not included in the physician/med vocabulary course. did I read that right?

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
On the page about the physician course it states that a year of practice code included but not included in the physician/med vocabulary course.
It is included. The combo is the PBC plus the MTA so whatever is included in the PBC is included in the combo. We don't set you up on it until toward the end of the course tho.

susan sayers

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Thank you so much. Just signed up for the CPC.cant wait to start..